Quick SummaryIn-Depth Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver Review: Dive into the advanced features and immersive sound of the Onkyo TX-RZ50 for an unparalleled home theater experience.
As an avid audio enthusiast, I’m always on the lookout for the latest and greatest AV receivers to elevate my home theater experience. And let me tell you, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 9.2-Channel THX Certified AV Receiver does not disappoint.
With its impressive features and capabilities, like 11.2-channel processing and support for object-based sound, the immersive and mind-blowing effects will leave you speechless.
From the precise sound quality to the sleek design, this receiver is a top-notch upgrade for any audio enthusiast.
Features: Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver
One notable feature of the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver is its 11.2-channel processing capability. This allows for a truly immersive audio experience, with support for object-based sound formats like ATMOS or DTS:X.
Here are four key features that set the Onkyo TX-RZ50 apart from previous models and make it compatible with a wide range of audio formats:
- Enhanced Audio Quality: The Onkyo TX-RZ50 delivers improved sound quality compared to previous Onkyo models, providing a more immersive and lifelike listening experience.
- Multiple Audio Formats: This AV receiver supports a variety of audio formats, including Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, and more. It ensures compatibility with different audio sources, allowing you to enjoy your favorite content in the highest quality.
- Flexible Connectivity: With multiple HDMI inputs and outputs, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 allows for seamless connectivity with various devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, and streaming devices. It also supports 4K resolution, enhancing your viewing experience.
- Advanced Calibration: The Onkyo TX-RZ50 features advanced room correction technology, such as Dirac Live, which optimizes the audio performance based on your room’s acoustics. This ensures accurate sound reproduction and a well-balanced listening experience.
With its impressive features and capabilities, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver is a top choice for audio enthusiasts seeking a high-quality and versatile home theater setup.
Sound Quality: Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver
How does the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver deliver in terms of sound quality?
The audio performance comparison between streaming and physical discs reveals some interesting findings.
When testing the receiver with Blu-Ray discs, both Full HD (FHD) and Ultra HD (UHD), the lossless audio from physical discs sounded noticeably better than streaming content.
The Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver truly shines when playing ATMOS and DTS:X audio, providing an immersive and object-based sound experience.
However, it’s important to note that streaming services didn’t quite match the audio quality of physical discs.
On the positive side, the receiver’s upmixing capability improved the sound quality of older Blu-ray discs, making them sound more vibrant and dynamic.
Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver: Design
But I must say, the design of the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver is quite impressive.
Here are four reasons why the design aesthetics and build quality of this receiver stand out:
- Sleek and Modern: The TX-RZ50 features a sleek and modern look with its clean lines and brushed aluminum finish. It adds a touch of sophistication to any home theater setup.
- Robust Build: The receiver is solidly built, with a sturdy chassis that minimizes vibrations and enhances performance. It feels durable and well-constructed, ensuring longevity.
- Intuitive Interface: The front panel is thoughtfully designed, featuring a clear display and strategically placed buttons for easy navigation and control. It’s user-friendly and intuitive.
- Well-Organized Rear Panel: The rear panel is neatly laid out, with clearly labeled inputs and outputs. This makes it easy to connect all your devices without any confusion.
Usability And Setup
I found the usability and setup of the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver to be straightforward and hassle-free. The receiver replaced my 14-year-old Denon AVR-790 and allowed me to upgrade to a 7.1.4 surround sound system with object-based sound.
I added 4 satellite speakers for height channels, and the sound quality improvement compared to my old receiver was noticeable. The Dirac Live software provided excellent sound quality and crossover clarity.
I used the Onkyo Controller app for calibration and control, which was convenient and user-friendly. One setup tip I’d recommend is to have an additional amp for an 11-channel setup.
The Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver offers exceptional value when taking into account the features, performance, and user experience. Here are the reasons why:
- High-end Features: The Onkyo TX-RZ50 boasts advanced technologies like DIRAC LIVE ROOM CORRECTION and KLIPSCH OPTIMIZE MODE, ensuring optimal sound quality and an immersive audio experience.
- Ultimate Gaming Experience: With support for 4K gaming, this receiver enhances the visual and audio aspects of gaming, providing a truly immersive experience for gamers.
- 11.2-Channel Processing: The TX-RZ50 allows for the expansion to an 11-channel setup, delivering a more immersive and realistic soundstage.
- User Satisfaction: Users have reported improved sound quality, especially with object-based sound formats like ATMOS and DTS:X. The inclusion of Dirac Live software further enhances the sound quality and crossover clarity. Overall, users have expressed high levels of satisfaction with the receiver.
With its impressive features and user satisfaction, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 offers excellent value for money.
Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver: FAQs
How Does the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver Compare to the Previous Denon AVR-790 Receiver?
The Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV receiver outperforms the previous Denon AVR-790 receiver. With its 11.2-channel processing and advanced amplifier capabilities, it delivers immersive sound quality and supports object-based sound like ATMOS and DTS:X.
What Is the Difference Between 7.1.4 Surround Sound and Object-Based Sound (Atmos or DTS:X)?
7.1.4 surround sound refers to a speaker setup with 7 main channels, 1 subwoofer, and 4 overhead speakers for height effects. Object-based sound, like Atmos or DTS:X, adds a three-dimensional audio experience by placing sounds in specific locations within the room.
Can the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver Be Used Without an Additional Amp for an 11-Channel Setup?
Yes, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver can be used without an additional amp for an 11-channel setup. However, there are alternative receiver options available if you prefer a different configuration.
How Does Streaming Content Compare to Physical Discs in Terms of Audio and Video Quality?
Streaming content vs physical discs: Which offers better audio and video quality? Streaming content often compromises audio and video quality compared to physical discs. Lossless audio from discs sounds better, while streaming services don’t match the quality.
What Are the Common Issues or Problems That Users May Encounter With the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver?
Common issues that users may encounter with the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver include sluggish functions, remote issues, rear speakers not playing during upmixing, and occasional need to reboot. Troubleshooting techniques may involve firmware updates and checking connections.
In conclusion, the Onkyo TX-RZ50 AV Receiver is an absolute game-changer for any audio enthusiast. With its impressive features, including 11.2-channel processing and support for object-based sound, the immersive experience it provides is simply mind-blowing.
The addition of four satellite speakers and advanced room correction technology further enhances the sound quality, taking your home theater setup to new heights.
Despite a few minor issues, this receiver is a top-notch upgrade that will elevate your audio experience to a whole new level.